Tuesday, May 17, 2011

IDAHO STATE REPORT

Kale came home right before Spring Break and informed me that he had a state report due "at the end of May" and that he had chosen Idaho.
Since it was due "at the end of May" I decided to not make him work on it during spring break. I mean after all it has the word "break" in it for heaven's sake.
BIG MISTAKE. . .
The "end of May" really was May 16!!!!

And with Baseball and Life. . . it crept up on us pretty quick. We (HE) got it done and he did a great job on it!

First let me share his introduction on why he chose Idaho.
I loved it.

I chose Idaho for my state report because I have family that lives there. Idaho is special to me because my parents met in Idaho and I have been to Idaho many times. After I was born my mom and I had to make many trips from California to Idaho to visit my very sick Grandma. I also chose Idaho because my favorite college football team is the Boise State Broncos. I have enjoyed learning more about Idaho.

Here's the FUN part of the story. . .

So Kale mentions to Kyle's parents that he is doing his state report on Idaho and Kyle's dad tells Kale he did his state report on Idaho. And the next day, Grandpa brings his Idaho State Report from 1962 over for Kale to look at!



It was so neat. And Kale couldn't believe that his Grandpa had to "write" his whole report and that it was all in cursive!

But the story gets even better than that!
We had the family over for Mother's Day and Kale is talking about his State Report.
Kyle's older brother Ryan then says,
"I did my State Report on Idaho too, and I probably used Dad's to write mine!"
And the next day, Grandma brings over a copy of Uncle Ryan's Idaho State Report over for Kale to look at!
(and he was right. . . he did kinda copy his dads! He even stole the postcard pictures from the end of Grandpa's report and used them in his - Genious!)



So to write Kale's state report in 2011,
he used his Uncle's state report from 1982,
and his Grandpa's state report from 1962!
(and a few other sources of course)

And there you have it!
THREE GENERATIONS of
IDAHO
STATE REPORTS!