Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

Once again we woke up bright and early to get "our spot" on the parade route!
We're always the first ones to claim a spot!
(This year one other family came surprisingly early, but it was because they thought the parade started at 9:00 not 10:00)

We had to pass the time somehow. . .

Until DAD came back with the doughnuts!!!!



That was my attempt at a group shot of eating the delicious doughnuts. . .
So I opted to try to get individual shots!

This kid was toooo cooool to even look at me for a picture!


This kid's doughnut was gone before I could even get a picture!

But this kid came through with great pictures!


The Family. . .
(Kale what's so interesting to the side that you couldn't look at the camera for 2 seconds?)

The Parade. . .





As you can see, the parade was full of all the "normal" parade things. . .

And then . . .
You have horses with pedicures. . .

This man . . .

And this Grandma!

Then after a Fun Filled Barbeque/Swim Party we packed up and headed out to watch the
FIREWORKS!!!!

Here's how we each passed the time waiting and waiting for it to get dark. . .



And then it was time!
(I was so excited! I love Big Fireworks!)

It was however this gals first time experiencing the booming of big fireworks.
I loved it because she had her ears plugged but her eyes were WIDE open!!!


Happy Birthday America!!!!!

1 comment:

Mills Family said...

Was that a maple bar doughnut that Kale ate? I haven't had one of those in years. They don't make them in the south. I am craving one! Mmmmm! Looks like you had a wonderful 4th!