Monday, April 19, 2010

How can he be 6?

I told him it wasn't allowed. . .
and I really, really, meant it!

But he did it.
He turned 6!

We switch off every year between friends and family.
Last year was friends.
Who can forget the MAGIC party?
This year was family.
And on the family year the birthday kid gets to choose wherever they want to eat!
Kris chose Islands!
(which he chose because he had a coupon from school for a free meal there - BONUS!)

We talk about what we have done the past year,
what our favorite moments are,
and are reminded how much fun we can have with our very own family!

Then Grandma and Grandpa met us at home for cake and presents!

Tech Deck!

Markers that write on windows!
(He's writing "I love you Kale" - because Kale wrote on the other window - "I love you Kris" so it was so cute to see him look over at Kale's message to see how to write it back to him!)

I love this next picture.
I don't know why.
It's not a very good picture.
But for some reason I am reminded why I keep this blog up and why I write my kids letters each year on their birthday, and why I insist on taking so many pictures (much to my husbands disliking) because life goes by so fast and maybe I want it to slow down and stop being such a blur.

Six years with this little boy already!
Moments I will never forget and some that I wish I could forget.
But 6 years.

He is an amazing little boy with a heart of gold.

He has no fear.
He loves people.
He is strong willed.
And determined.
And so funny.

So here he is!
Six Years Old without a care in the world
lovin' his brand new "IPOD" (MP3 player but he doesn't know the difference!)

1 comment:

jodie333 said...

Wow KRIS Sounds like you had a GREAT DAY!! Maycie says.."Happy birthday Kristopher, I miss you ..and I really wish you were here playing in my back yard with me!" Kaylynn I just keep thinking of that picture of the two of them so tiny when they were just weeks old! Maycie in pink and Kris in Blue! Wow 6 years can go so fast!