Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Daughter Threw A TANTRUM. . .

while I was visiting teaching today.

Not a little tantrum.

A full blown
roll on the floor,
flail the arms,
and uncontrolable screaming
TANTRUM!

Luckily I am good friends with all the moms there and hopefully they didn't judge me too bad, but when one of the moms asked me
"Is she like this all the time?"

I had to think for a minute.

YES and NO was my answer.

This picture sums up my relationship with Kara right now.

Me - always trying to get her to be HAPPY!

Why is she so stubborn?
Why is she so determined?
Why does she think that crying is going to get her what she wants?

I'm sorry to everyone that only sees her "tantrum" side,
because. . .
this girl can be the sweetest, kindest, gentlest girl,
when she wants to be!

She gives the best hugs.
I mean she doesn't just put her arms around you - she full on squeezes you - and your heart hasn't melted until you've had one of her hugs!

And her kisses  - don't even get me started about her puckered kisses!

And when she says,
"I'm sorry mommy"
I melt.

And when she says,
"Moooom,  I Loooove Yoooou"
I melt faster.

But my favorite thing that Kara does. . .
Every night after her bath no matter how much of a hurry we are in or not,
when I wrap her in a towel - we sit on the edge of the tub - and she lays her head down on my chest and looks up at me and then closes her eyes and we snuggle for a few minutes.
Every night!
Those few minutes are my favorite part of the day because it makes me forget about all the tantrums thrown, and frustrating moments of the day.

And it makes me remember moments like this. . .

When we're both HAPPY!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Just wait till she has a Tantrum at 16, Now thats fun..but its the sweet moments you remember forever..

jodie333 said...

AW you always do the best posts! They either make me Cry or they make me laugh out loud! I love them! And I love that picture, someone really good must have taken it.Haa Haa