Wednesday, September 1, 2010

PROJECTS. . .


This is why I don't do projects.
Because I think they will be EASY. . .
and then I start them and decide they are anything but EASY!

These are our caveman costumes for our beach house trip that we are leaving for in 10 minutes, but in thinking about this project it got me thinking about the only other summer project that I attempted this year. . .

THIS TABLE!
Although it didn't start out looking like this.
It was white but rusted and old so I got out the trusted plastic and the trusted spray paint and went to work.

When I was done with the chairs I had a patio that now looked like this!
OOPS!

Now I thought my husband would be mad.
A little upset at least.
But he wasn't.
He laughed.
He didn't say a word.
I thought to myself he must be mad he's just getting better and keeping his comments to himself.

So I got to work and with a little vinegar and a lot of scrubbing my patio is back to normal!
YEAH!

So of course I got smarter and painted the table on the grass.
I'm not gonna make the same mistake twice. . .
WELL,
this made my husband mad!
Oh really upset.
Like kneel on the grass and check out the roots mad!

Isn't he funny.
I almost ruined his patio and he didn't care, but get a little paint on his lawn and the world is over.

(I may be exaggerating a little but for those of you who know him you know that I'm really not stretching it too far)

I mean look at these pictures.
When he gets home I'm lucky to get a kiss and hug,
but the tomato plants get a warm welcome from him!


I love him.
And I love that he takes such pride in our yard.
I'm glad he gives me such awesome material to blog about!

See you next week.
Stay tuned for pictures of how Summer Project Number 2 turned out!

1 comment:

Kjerstin said...

Oh, I love your beach house trip stories! I can't wait! I love the pictures of Kyle all dressed up caressing the tomato plants. Priceless!