Monday, August 30, 2010

You Can Kiss Summer GOODBYE. . .

OK so maybe summer isn't over yet. . .
but summer vacation is!

Which means no more hanging out at the pool all day every day with these fun kids!

Who says you can't be best friends with a girl?
I think he is. . .
but don't tell him I said that.

You don't just share your popsicle with anyone -
you have to be friends to do that!

And are these two ever friends!!!
What would I do without Elise to make Kara happy?

At the beginning of summer the kids had diving competitions. . .


And by the end of the summer they knew how to dive!
Really good actually!


But boy were there some fun dives in between!


The competitive spirit was in my boys all summer and there were many races across the length of the pool!
Kris was so proud of himself that he could dive off the diving board and swim under water across the whole pool holding his breath!

And what better way to warm up than with the hot cement?
(don't mind the daughter in the background - she only fell in once this year - in which her mother sacrificed her cell phone to save her)


The kids made up this crazy game where we would throw this ball to them as they jumped off the diving board and they would get points according to how far away we threw it and if they could catch it!

Hours of FUN!
Kale even did a flip of the diving board and caught it before going in the water!
Check out YOU TUBE for that video!



So I'm one of those moms who likes to get in the pool and have a good time. . .
(how many more kids can my appendiges hold?)

BUT. . .
When my kids think they can push me in the pool. . .


That's when I take defensive ACTION!

This picture sums up our summer!

Until next year swimming pool!
My tan is already fading!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Looks like you had one fun summer..Kyla and Kale remind me of Cassie and Logan..you couldn't separate them when we were together..

Mills Family said...

I love the picture where they are trying to push you in. Kale should be a plumber! 8)

Looks like you had fun in the sun. We will miss the pool too.

Marissa said...

Loved our summer together, I look forward to it all year!