Friday, August 13, 2010

Our State Fair

I took the kids to the State Fair a few weeks ago. . .
We had free passes so I couldn't not go.

We started our day with this gigantic robot!

They even showed Kale how to make him move!

I thought it was really funny, but my kids were fascinated by the room full of old bikes. It was really fun to see their reactions to the "old style" bikes!

And they had a whole Disney Display!
(to promote Toy Story 3 of course)
but when this girl saw Mickey Mouse. . . priceless!

We found our County Display. . .
We won first place!

So then I had this grand idea to get ice cream cones and watch a juggling show.

The ice cream was good, but we never found the juggling show.

It must be all the animals at the State Fair that brings out the animal side in my boys.
(Or maybe it was just that good of a cinnamon roll)


Speaking of animals.
I think I have this same picture from last year.
This kid cannot handle the smell of the cows.

This look says it all. . .

The turtles he liked however.



RIDES. . .

So on the way to the fair we had the talk about rides.
How we don't ride them.
How we don't spend money on them.
So don't even ask to ride them.

Well, when we walked in the front gate they are handing out free ride passes.
There was a catch. . .
They could only be rides that used to be at
Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch . . .

A little creepy, but free rides are free rides.



And we ended the day with the Motorcross Show!
And I'm glad we stuck around for it.


The BOYS LOVED IT!
(even Kara let out an occasional. . . Wow!)

By this point in the day it was time for dinner. . .

Couldn't do it this year.
We've been making an effort to eat better at our house and I have no idea if that had anything to do with it or not, but I couldn't even handle the smell this year. . .

So I did my kids a favor and we stopped at Wendy's on the way home for dinner!

1 comment:

Kjerstin said...

Chocolate covered bacon. . .nasty.