Sunday, August 15, 2010

13 YEARS


This is my favorite picture from our wedding.
It's not professionally taken.
I think my mom took it.

This was before the days where just anyone could own a fancy camera.
Most of my professional wedding photos are very staged.
And that's OK.
I cherish them.

But this one is my favorite.
This one shows a true moment of happiness.
Those moments where nothing else matters and life isn't in the way and you can just be happy.

That's why this picture is my favorite.
(no offense to the photographer we paid hundreds of dollars to)

I have had many of those moments throughout these past 13 years and this picture reminds me to cherish those moments.

In looking at my homemade wedding album from all those years ago to find this picture, I also came across this picture.

And this picture reminded me how quickly things can change.
No one in this picture except for Kyle and I are still with us on this earth.
How grateful I am that they were with us that day.

And then I thought of everything that Kyle and I have been through these last 13 years, and what both these pictures really remind me of is that there is no one else I would rather go through this life and the next with than my husband.

I love him.

I've shared a lot of "firsts" with him.
And last night he shared another "first" with me!

He took me to my "FIRST" IMAX Movie!

Pretty romantic for our 13th Anniversary huh?
It was my idea!
Rumor has it he's taking me somewhere really cool for our birthdays. . .

Happy Anniversary Kyle!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Happy Anniversary guys! I still remember you guys making out under a blanket in the front room of our apartment! Craig and I celebrate our 12th this Sunday. Man time goes by so fast!

Mills Family said...

Happy Anniversary you two love birds!