Monday, January 23, 2012

I forgot. . .

About a doctors appointment a few weeks ago. . .

(26ish week????)

It's not that I forgot about the appointment exactly, I just forgot what day.
I had in my mind that my appointment was sometime on Friday. . .
so when I called to find out the time imagine my surprise when the appointment was actually the next day.

I made it. But then to make matters worse the nurse asks me right off the bat.

#1 - Did you remember your urine sample?
Nope. Forgot.
#2 - How far along are you?
Here were my exact words. . . "I know I'm more than 20 weeks"

She laughed. But I don't know if she really thought it was funny. Who doesn't know how far along they are?
Don't most mom's mark it on a calendar and circle each day to signify that start of new week?

Not me this time.
I know about the time this little boy will make his entrance into the world, and I've done this I think enough times that I know the signs to tell me it's time.

I looked at Kyle the other day and said. . .
"We are having a baby."
It was a statement. Almost a reminder.

It took me back to October I think it was.
Kyle had taken me out to dinner before the adult session of stake conference.
We were sitting at our table and we were talking calendars. I mentioned something about a stake merit badge day in March that the Stake Young Men were putting on and I said to Kyle I was excited because Kale was actually going to get to attend with me this year. Kyle asked what day it was and I said "sometime near the end of March."
Kyle looked right at me and said. . ."you know you probably won't be able to go to that this year right?"
And my mind instantly went blank. Are we going out of town? Do we already have something planned?
Kyle could obviously see the confusion on my face and said,
"you know you are having a baby at that time."

Oh. yeah. I forgot. . .

On one hand I am cherishing every little movement (OK big movement) and every little kick (OK punch) because I know they will probably be the last little kicks and movements I feel inside me. But life as a mom right now is busy. The kids outside of my womb are keeping me pretty busy these days.

The love I already feel for this little person inside me reminds me that it's ok that dates and milestones can take a back seat this time. I'm sure once he gets here I will be way too focused on the calendar wishing that every week would last a little longer just so he can stay "baby" as long as possible.

And just so you know I have an appointment on Wednesday and there's no way I will forget about this one because at the same time I will be at my doctors appointment my sixth grade son will be watching "the video" that will once again describe to him the exact reason I am at my appointment!


2 comments:

The Rocks said...

I am so there and understand everything you're going through right now! When your little guy gets here, it's all about savoring the moments with him and realizing that this is (for me) the last time I will get to experience this stage. It is sad but at the same time, so exciting. To watch them grow and to see their interaction with their siblings is a treasure to experience. I am so excited for you that you are going to be joining the "4's Club" and I send my love and best wishes as you get closer to the end. Love Ya!

Mills Family said...

Too funny! I am the most forgetful when I am pregnant too. I forgot important things like stopping at a stop sign or opening up the garage before backing the car out of the garage. You look beautiful! Can't believe you are having another boy! They say there is a special place in heaven for mom's of three or more boys!