Thursday, March 22, 2012

Today was my Due Date. . .

How Glad I Am That We Are On Day 9 and Not Day 1!

Kody Dalan Jibson
March 13, 2012
8:49 am
8 lbs 3 oz
20 1/2 inches

I won't go into detail about the birth.
It's special to me.
I labored longer than my others which was unexpected, but that's what happens when your baby is breech inside of you for so long.
It wasn't a hard labor.
Maybe because I knew it would be my last I wasn't focusing on the pain.
I did get an epidural.
I struggled with that one (not because I enjoy pain) I just don't like what epidurals do to my body.
But, I was so tired of being in pain with all the gall bladder issues I had had for the past month.

I was sad thinking I wasn't going to be able to "feel" any of the birth with an epidural,
but because my labor was so long the epidural effects were wearing off in time for the actual birth and I did get to feel everything perfectly!

I had the most amazing team of midwives by my side.
I got to choose when to push according to how I felt.
I felt so in control.
And I loved it.
I remember knowing exactly what push would be my last and I thought to myself . . .
I will never be pregnant again.
And it was OK.
It was quiet in the room through that last push.
I think everyone else knew it would be the last push too.
And then he cried.
And I did too.

Here I am meeting him for the first time.











My Boys!

Loved my one on one time in the hospital!

When we were trying to choose a name I had always loved the name Kody. We went to Apple Hill while I was pregnant and had just found out we were having a boy. We walked past a car and a man yelled "come on Kody" and out jumped the cutest dog ever!

It's been a little joke ever since!
Grandma got him this little stuffed dog!

One Day Old!
You know you are in love when after the 2:30 am feeding you lay your baby back down to sleep and risk waking him back up by taking a picture because you can't handle how cute he is!

What a life. . .

But reality check. . .


He's not always happy!

BUT WE ARE
so happy he's here!
We love Him!

p.s. On a side note. He lost his cord today. Fun! On his due date!

5 comments:

Sevenofus said...

He is SO cute! Looks just like a little man (and a lot like his brothers!). I cannot wait to meet him!

The Rocks said...

He is just gorgeous! And I totally understand the whole "this is the last time" feeling. It's happy and sad at the same time. Love you and hope you're settling in okay with four. You're an amazing mom, Kaylynn and Kody is so lucky to have you as his mama.

Kjerstin said...

Totally made me cry too! What a beautiful example you are of loving motherhood. I just look up to you so much! Congratulations!!!

Mills Family said...

He is perfect and beautiful! Love the dog story! Too funny. Wish I could hold that precious baby boy.

Sam and Rachel said...

Congratulations Kaylynn!!!