Tuesday, May 13, 2008

One Of These Things Is NOT Like The Other. . .


First I should probably explain. At Kindergarten registration for Kale one of the questions was "does anyone in your household speak fluent Spanish?" Without thinking I answered yes of course - (proud of my husband for his talent) - Well, in so doing Kale was forever placed in the BILINGUAL class! It's quite hilarious to get his class pictures back each year.

So here HE is getting his GOLD MEDAL - for reading 80 books in 8 weeks (not easy for the child or the mother - who must sign off on every single book making sure each book is at least 32 pages in length) 

So while my pride for him was beaming this day - I couldn't stop laughing about the picture I had captured. 

PLEASE TELL ME HE WILL HIT A GROWTH SPURT SOON!!!!

5 comments:

kelly said...

That picture is CLASSIC!!! It looks like Emily's school-type pictures around here! The growth spurt comment was just the icing on the cake! :) Love it!

Natierae said...

He's not going to know what to do next year. I love it! It reminds me of high school it was always hernandez, ortega, lopez, ngyuen, badertscher during roll call

Olive-us said...

Were these 80 books in English or Spanish?
Either way. that is a great accomplishment.

Kjerstin said...

Don't you love those reading contests? That picture cracks me up, mainly because Dylan is so tiny that almost every picture of him looks like that! This year there is a kid in his class that is actually smaller than him, and it's been great!

Mamasita said...

it's even funnier the second time I see it! You need to start feeding that kid some Horchata!