Friday, May 16, 2008

OUR SUMMER PROJECT


So this is what our yard looked like when we bought our house. . .
(This should tell you how much I loved the inside of the house if I was willing to actually purchase this yard!!!)





This is what happens when we are naive enough to think that by working in the yard 1 day a week (Saturday) that our children will have a yard by the time they go to college. . .

And this is 4 days  - yes 4 days later after calling TONY (the landscaper)!!!
THANK YOU TONY!!!!




Now instead of yard work every weekend we can enjoy family and friends over for barbeques - oh yah - now we don't have any money left to buy the barbeque or the patio set to sit on - NEXT SUMMER EVERYONE!!!

6 comments:

kelly said...

wow, envious of the "insta-yard" you've got going on! We'll be lucky to have ours in by the end of summer around here.
The front and back look amazing!

Kjerstin said...

Beautiful! We have spent the last few days tearing out all the bark and weed barrier in our front yard (to replace it with what, I haven't decided. . .driving Dustin crazy is my favorite past time!). Tony the yard dude would have been helpful! :) What are the pretty flowering bushes in the front planter (to the left of the door if you're looking at it from the road)? It all looks great!

Kaylynn said...

I have no idea what the plants are called - the only instructions I gave to TONY were that i didn't want anything that could be killed easily - he laughed - I assured him I was completely serious and that is what he planted. I have his number in case they die!!!! Just kidding.

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

Just found your blog you closet blogger. Kudos on heading up a great yard. Where's the pool going?
Lindsey

Kaylynn said...

Lindsay - how do you have time to blog - you have a new baby? Let me know how to find your blog so I can see your new little one - Sorry I didn't announce to the world that I was blogging - oh wait - I did - I posted it on Sheena's blog!!!!

Olive-us said...

WOW! Your yards look fantastic!!
Way to go, Tony!