Wednesday, July 8, 2009

On his own. . .

These are training wheels. . .
Training wheels that came on Kristopher's new bike.
Training wheels that are now off of Kristopher's new bike.

Because he doesn't need them anymore!
In fact he may not have ever needed them. . .



Kristopher had "bike day" at preschool towards the end of the year.
We took his bike and helmet and I dropped him off for a fun filled day.
Upon returning to preschool I see my child riding someone else's bike with NO training wheels!
His teacher comes up to me and asks when he learned to ride a bike. . .
I answered "today".

What dad does not have to run down the middle of the road holding on to a bike seat with one hand all the while promising his child that he won't let go only to let go to see the child fall to the ground?

That would be Kyle.
No helping this kid.
He literally got a bike and started riding!
Go KRISTOPHER!

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

Kristopher is the coolest kid I know- I want to be him when I grow up!

The Lencioni's said...

So jealous, that is awesome. Way to go Kris!!

A Slice of Pratt Life said...

I ran down the street pushing and chasing my four oldest kids, teaching them to ride bikes. I picked Anna and Kelly up from Annie Hoppes' house one day and she had taught them to ride bikes! Hurray! No running down the street after two of them! I didn't even feel sad about it!

Kjerstin said...

I LOVE the look of concentration on his face! He's so stinkin' cute!

Natierae said...

Yeah Kris. You just summed up what we're doing with Rylie. I have to admit I'm a little jealous!!!

Mamasita said...

Good job! Geez! bike riding, losing teeth, you know whats next.....

Nat~Nat said...

Way to go Kristopher!

Jami said...

Great pictures. He is so handsome and proud!