Monday, July 6, 2009

The REST of our 4th of July

Once again we woke up bright and early to get "our spot" along the parade route.

We ate our donuts and waved our American Flags at the 5K runners as they ran their race.

To pass time Kyle even took the kids on a walk up and down Vernon Street.


And finally, the parade began, and my kids became very patriotic waving their flags and clapping at the participants in the parade.


How could you not be patriotic when you get to see a poodle dressed in a prom dress next to a wedding cake?
I'm still trying to figure out how this little number got in the parade. . .


All in all I was very impressed by the parade (we even had a band and baton twirlers this year).
The city was going to cancel the parade due to budget cuts but businesses in the community stepped up to fund the parade and I am so glad. I love this family tradition we have.


Later in the day we met up with friends and had a great BBQ and swim party to pass time before the FIREWORKS began.

She was ready.


We started off with the sparklers of course.
And this guy graduated to double sparklers.

And this guy found out he could light all the water balloon remnants from our water balloon fight earlier in the day on fire with his sparklers!

They also discovered they could write their name on the ground with FIRE!

Even she got in on the action and loved it!

And then we started the FIREWORKS SHOW!

Is there anything better than homemade pie and fireworks?



And just because we started our day out with Kara's drama. . .
I thought I would show you it's how we ended our day as well!


She didn't want the fireworks to end. . . Neither did I!
I love this Holiday!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I am cracking up with that cute little crying face..love it. what fun you had, I never got to make my cone dessert so its good you didn't drop everything and come over..I still would have loved it but I would have been sad I didn't make them, had way to much food though..your all even dressed patriotic..your good.

The Lencioni's said...

I love it, what a fun day and thanks for letting us crash your family tradition at the parade. My kids are loving it.

jodie333 said...

I love seeing all the fun things that you guys do! You have some really fun traditions!