Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Our Camping Trip

We each kept ourselves very busy on our 3rd Annual "JLT" camping trip this year.

Here's Kyle putting up our tent, our home for three days, the place my children slept for three nights, and our protection from the bears we saw each night. . . 
(I personally wasn't worried one bit that a thin layer of plastic was all that separated my family from those bears - nope not one bit)
Kristopher became quite the expert marshmallow roaster. . .
(and he only had to go through half a bag of burnt to a crisp marshmallows before he got the technique down)
Kale loved those SMORES. . .
He also loved getting up one morning early with dad to start the fire all by himself.

I kept busy getting my feet as dirty as I possibly could.
Laurie and I had a contest to see whose feet could get the dirtiest. . .
(it kept her mind off how dirty her feet were so she wouldn't ask her mom to wash her feet every five minutes - glad I could help)
I also kept busy by eating. . .
I'm still drooling over this meal!
And what would a camping trip be without a few temper tantrums to annoy fellow campers?

Glad to know she can throw herself down in protest no matter where we are.

Mostly she had a great time wandering around camp.
She loved hearing all the dogs bark.
In fact, one night as I am doing dishes I look up and there is a stranger with my daughter in her arms.
Apparently she had seen their dog and followed them to their campsite. . .
After awarding myself mother of the year award I thanked them for bringing her back.
( I guess those temper tantrums came in handy because they knew exactly where to bring her back)

We hung out by the lake one day. . .



And the big boys brought out their toys as well. . .
A giant slingshot to launch rocks into the lake!


So after the dad's had their turn, the kids all got to take a turn.
They were loving it.
Well, Kristopher didn't have the strength to pull the slingshot back far enough to launch a rock, 
so the dad's decided they would run while Kristopher let go so the rock would launch a little further. . .except Kristopher didn't let go and not only did the rock get launched into the lake, but Kris did too!
It was soooo funny.
He went right into the lake.
We would have won AFV had we recorded it!
But I'm betting the kids had the most fun with the noodle swords we brought.
They had a blast sword fighting in the forest.

Even a few hours of Rain couldn't keep us from having a great time!
We're booked for next year right????


8 comments:

The Lencioni's said...

Can't wait!! Where are we going, did we decide yet?

Ang said...

It looks like you had a great time. I love Kara in the "bath tub" how funny.

Sarah said...

How fun. I love camping with toddlers too :)

sheena said...

i love her. i need to see her now!!! her and lucy are made for eachother!!

Ang said...

Ok…. So my kids aren’t in year round school I am just very very behind on posting!! I thought about skipping the end of the year stuff and starting with the summer stuff, but my purpose for blogging is so my kids have a record of their lives and the end of the year stuff is fun.(I still have a few more school post to do) So hopefully soon I can do one big Catch up post.
You are so good at keeping your blog up to date; I hope to get better at that. You are such a great mom. I feel like I never have enough hours in the day to get everything done and still find time to blog; you will have to share your secret :)

Kjerstin said...

Wait a minute, are you saying that tents are NOT bear proof? :)

Looks like a wonderful, dirty, sticky time!

Ang said...

Thanks for the secret!! I have started doing that and does seem like it goes faster.

I think I need to relax a little when it comes to my children and their jobs. I have been on this kick that it has to be perfect or I do it over. O-well I guess if they do their best it’s better than not at all right? Thanks for the tips :)

Marie said...

I'm jealous....I love camping!