Thursday, January 21, 2010

On Sunday. . .

We busted out home videos!
And it got me thinking about this kid. . .

How did he go from this?
(and don't get me started on the tongue thing - no wonder he had to have stitches in his tongue -its never in his mouth)
to this so fast?
(and don't get me started about how a kid that started off with no hair can now have hair that needs to be cut on a weekly basis)

Most of the time Kristopher can be found here. . .
at his new table with all his new "art" stuff!

But I couldn't help while watching all the old videos being reminded of these days with this kid.
I mean really - look at that face.
So cute - yet that devious little smile!
There were a lot of incidents like this one back in the day with Kristopher.
He was a curious little kid.
(If you are thinking it's a sharpie permanent black marker all over his face then you are having the same panick attack that I had - imagine my relief when I found out it was only my mascara smeared all over his face - that's probably why I was calm enough to take a picture)

But then I would turn around and he was doing something like this - and it was really hard to get mad at him sometimes.

I said sometimes.
There were days when all I could do is throw my hands up in the air and say "I'M DONE!"
We went through a swearing phase.
(It's hard to even think back to those days)
We went through a throwing phase.
(A broken rear view mirror as proof)
We went through a poop stage
(Really  - that one makes me sad to even think about that stage)
We went through and sometimes still go through a temper tantrum stage,

but I'm glad I wasn't really DONE - Even though it was so hard sometimes to be consistent with this little fella -  It was so worth it.

And I like now that I can look back and remember all the good stages we went through.

This was one of my favorite memories of Kristopher.
He was suppossed to be taking a nap - but he figured out how to unzip the tent just enough to stick his head out and would call to anyone who would listen to come and get him out of the porta crib.
Kristopher is definately not one to conform to rules.
 I can tell you that from experience.
Take for example Legos.
You know they have kits that you can build exciting things like castles and pirate ships and things - but those require you to follow directions.

Not Kristopher's strong point.

So these are the kinds of creations that Kristopher comes up with.
But - every lego has a purpose on his creations and he loves to tell you what each and every thing does!

I mean who says you can't carry around nerf gun safety goggles, a metal dart, a Ben Ten Watch, a measuring spoon, and tweezers from the doctor kit on a tool belt?

Or that a spiderman floaty isn't going to keep you safe in the ocean?

Or that zuchinnis that big cannot be eaten.


And for sure don't tell him that tools are not for 5 year olds.
He won't listen.
But he'll work. In the yard that is. For hours with his dad.


So I'm not gonna lie that I was a little nervous for Kristopher to start kindergarten. I mean there are definatley rules in Kindergarten that cannot be broken and I was afraid that my little man might just break them.

So he starts school and loves it.
Loves the homework.
Loves the backpack.
Loves his teacher.

And I can prove it to you.
Here is his class picture.
Look closely for Kristopher.
He's the one lovingly staring at his teacher.
I love this.
There is no better class picture anywhere.
I dare you to try to beat this one.

Every day with this kid is MAGICAL!
I'm sure gonna miss him when he's gone all day next year!
I love you Kristopher!

8 comments:

Olive-us said...

I am in tears with all the special posts about your boys!!

Mills Family said...

Love the post! So priceless!

Kjerstin said...

I love it! Especially the head sticking out of the tent picture! :)

The Lencioni's said...

Oooh, love it. He is so cute.

jodie333 said...

He is so cute! I know the feeling of time flying. I was just going through some stuff in the kids room yesterday and found the pictures of when maycie and kris were infants laying on their backs next to each othe in blue and purple! They were so tiny! What ever happend it was too fast. I also updated my blog (after a year) you should look at it. I dont know how to follow blogs or anything like that, So I have to go to your comments to see yours. Tell the kids hello from us!

kathleen Jibson said...

He is my TWIN and i just LOVE him to pieces!!!! He is ALL boy with a MIND of his own. You really wouldn't want him any other way. CUTIE, CUTIE, CUTIE. Hugs, Mom "J"

Ang said...

How sweet!!! What a great kid. He sounds a lot like my Jacey we have definitely had our good and bad days. But the Lego thing is all Skyler....Oh the fun they could have nothing but Lego’s for hours.

sheena said...

oh you know how I feel about Kristopher!! miss you guys!