Thursday, February 4, 2010

What I want for my birthday. . .

Is for MY side of the closet to look like HIS side of the closet!

I started a little. . .
  (notice I think there are 6 wood hangers left over from HIS side)!

So for my birthday Marissa and I went shopping last Saturday for 5 hours!
It was heaven. We even got lunch. I know I'll stop. I can sense the jealousy.
I didn't buy much. I came home with 4 shirts and a scarf!

But the real present came when she came over and motivated me to get rid of all this STUFF!

Now this is stuff I have had in my closet that I wore once and don't wear anymore and three times I have tried to purge this closet but each time keeping most of the stuff I don't wear - so it was amazing when Marissa came over here's what happened.

I would pull things off the shelf with a built in speech about how "I don't wear this but I wore it to such and such and I can't bear to get rid of it" and yet before I could say a word Marissa would say "get rid of it" and you know what without hesitation it went in a pile on the floor. No speech about why I needed it. No hesitating to say goodbye. It just went in the pile.
(OK maybe we had a little debate about the long black skirt - but it too is in the pile)
And you know what? I'm not sad. I don't miss any of them.
I'm one step closer to matching HIS side of the closet!
Thanks Marissa!
(don't you all wish you had a friend like her?)

5 comments:

sheena said...

Marissa, can you please come to my house?!

Kaylynn said...

Sheena - did you notice the skirt on the top of the pile? That's the skirt I wore to your wedding. I loved it! But it's time to move on!

Maureen said...

Happy Birthday Kaylynn..what a great present, an orginzed closet..she is truly a good friend and a great person..but so are you!

Marissa said...

Shopping was amazing, lunch was great but cleaning out the long, button up dresses-PRICELESS! However, you look beautiful in anything and I too am very grateful for our friendship!

jodie333 said...

Sounds like a fun day! Maybe I should do that to my closet! It always feels good to clean out the old and bring in the new!