Thursday, February 18, 2010

Aahhh Yahhh!

So a few weeks ago the kids brought home this
KIDS SMART SAFETY FLYER
from school.

A safety course on how to keep kids safe offered at a local Karate Studio.
I signed the boys up and we went to the safety class.

Now the boys were expecting to learn some crazy karate moves and though the class was great on how to be aware of your surroundings and was very informative on how to react to strangers there was absolutely no karate involved in the class.

I had two very disappointed boys.

However, as part of the safety class they were offering two free weeks of karate classes if we signed up that day.

So I did. . .

And for two weeks four nights a week my boys got to yell, and kick, and punch and not only was it was allowed it was actually encouraged!



The boys had a blast and they even got a free uniform out of it. . .
but baseball starts next week and me not even wanting to attempt  "supermom" status is not willing to do both, let alone afford both so we put the Karate uniforms in the dress up box and have already started cleaning off the baseball cleats!

1 comment:

jodie333 said...

How fun! I am sure they will remember that forever. I remember when mom put kevin in karate and me in dance for like 3 weeks, and I still remember!