Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

This is my mother's day picture we captured right before we left for church.

At first glance I thought it was a horrible picture.

I'm slouched over like I'm old and tired (oh wait I am)!
Kristopher looks awnry!
Kale is cheesing it up!
but, Kara actually looks really cute!

Then I realized the picture actually portrays my life quite nicely.

I am a little old and tired, but I'm smiling because I wouldn't change a thing!

Kristopher is awnry sometimes, but we have a special relationship  - we have a wink that we share that's our secret way of saying I love you! Sometimes when I can tell he is frustrated or mad I give him the wink - he usually smiles for a second and then realizes he is supposed to be mad at something and goes back to being awnry!

Kale makes being a mom so easy!
(I often joke that Kristopher was born to humble me into realizing that I was not a perfect parent - Kale is just the perfect child)

And even though Kara looks perfectly content and happy in this picture - the only reason why is because she is standing next to her big brother and not next to her mother!

The more I look at that picture. The more I love it!

Since I fully believe that Mother's Day should last an entire weekend, I spent my weekend taking it back to "before we were MOM'S!"

(who knew my hair could still CRIMP like that?)

Once again we hit the roller rink,
dressed in our 80's attire,
and skated the night away!

It's nice to know we
STILL GOT MOVES!

MOM'S ARE GROOVY!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Okay, Kaylynn...you do the most fun things! I just caught up on your blog and I feel like I know the real Kaylynn! You love to have a good time! Cute pictures.
At one of the baseball games that I saw you guys at, I saw Kale pick up Karalynn when she was crying and try to comfort her. It was so sweet. I couldn't help but wish that Carter was that nice to Marin all the time. If only...

Mills Family said...

I love it! Love the family picture and love the roller skating party! Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Marissa said...

I am not sure you can call that a "move" but I was sure proud to have "shot the duck" that night! Thanks for being my roller skating date, it was so much fun!

Kjerstin said...

You are far from old and tired looking, I think the word you're looking for is 'babe'!!! :)