Wednesday, May 26, 2010

HIDE AND GO SEEK

I'm about sick of this game. . .
Here's why.
I keep losing my daughter.
She hides and hides and hides.
And thinks it's really funny.
It's not.

The first time was at Kyle's parents house.
It was night time.
It was dark.
The kids were all getting in the car and I realized I couldn't find Kara.
I'm running up the dark street trying to find her.
I searched the entire house - looking in every room. . . 
except for Grandma and Grandpa's closet which she happened to be in kneeling quietly on the floor with the lights off.
Grandma found her.
And she laughed (Kara not Grandma).

Now it's like a game to her.
When she hears me calling her - she hides.
Sometimes she doesn't even hide - she just stays where she is and doesn't make a sound.
It's killing me.
Take for example Sunday Morning. . .
I got her dressed then got distracted with one of the boys.
I needed to put her shoes on her.
I call her name.
She doesn't answer.
I'm looking all over the house.
I get panicked thinking she thought she was ready and walked out the door to go to church.
Turns out she is laying in the middle of the playroom floor just waiting to be found.
I wasn't happy.

BUT,
the other day when I couldn't find her
I asked Kristopher,
"Do you know where your sister is?"
He answered,
"Oh, she's hiding in the jungle."
"Huh" I said.
"Come here mom, but be very quiet and I'll take you to our jungle."
He took my hand and led me outside to the side of our house
AND THERE SHE WAS!


HIDING IN THE JUNGLE!
This time I did laugh!
Out loud in fact!
We don't need a playhouse in our yard, we've got a jungle!

2 comments:

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

this is hilarious.. for me

Kjerstin said...

I love reading your blog! Your kids crack me up!