Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day 2010

We decided to head downtown yesterday and take the boys to the Vietnam Memorial they have in Capital Park.

The boys actually took to it a little better than I expected.
They were very touched when an old man was leaning over one of the statues representing the fallen soldiers and was crying. It led to some good discussion about war, freedom, and being thankful for where we live.


Then we headed over to the Rose Gardens.
They were so pretty - probably due to all the rain we have had.

This is the best picture I got of this gal.
At least she's standing still - we are making progress on the picture taking front.
However, she is clapping her hands at me saying,
"I don't want to say cheese."
We walked through Capital Park
and the kids were fascinated by the Cops on Horses!

I was fascinated by these trees!
I love Magnolia Trees!

Can't you just imagine one of these in my front yard?
I wish!

Then we headed inside this building. . .
Our State Capital!

Kale is learning all about California History this year and even took a field trip (which his dad went on with him) to the State Capital earlier this year so. . ..

He was our OFFICIAL TOUR GUIDE. . .
And he was right in his element
telling us every story about the building,
what the rooms were used for,
who's office was whose,
and
of course where the bathrooms were!







And if that wasn't enough for our Memorial Day,
we headed over to Old Town Sacramento,
where we were smack dab in the middle of the JAZZ FESTIVAL!


HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY EVERYONE!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a fun day--you all are so patriotic!

And when did Kara get so big? She's changed SO much since I saw her last!