Friday, June 11, 2010

What did we do the day school got out?


WE ORGANIZED!
I know some people play and celebrate summer vacation!

But before we could do any of that we had to get a little organized!
And I have a system.

See all these papers. . .

They all came from here.
My filing cabinet in my kitchen.


Each day (or end of the week) when my kids bring home the mountains and mountains of paperwork and schoolwork. 
I go through it right away.
Some goes right in the trash,
but if I'm not sure if I want to keep it or if I know I want to keep it, it goes in the filing cabinet. Each child has a folder.
And there it sits. . .
until the end of the year. . .
when we get to go through it and the kids decide what they want to keep.

The only catch. . .
IT HAS TO FIT IN HERE!

They can keep as much as they want as long as they can get it to fit in one of these bad boys!
Each child has one per year and it has to keep every memory they made from that year!

So what do you do if it won't fit?

Well, we take pictures of course.
I mean as cute as this valentine dog is,
I am not keeping it for the next 15 years!


So when they come home with projects galore I ask. . .
"Will it fit in the folder"
Then they know it's time to pose for a picture!
I then put the pictures in a separate folder and then at the end of the year I print all the pictures from that folder and stick them in the binder!

And that's what we do on the last day of school!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Brilliant! Thank you! Where do you get all these ideas??

This blog is like training for us new school moms...the folder is already overflowing!

Mills Family said...

Love it! Great idea. How about on your second day of summer vacation you can come an organize my house!