Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Town of Ventura

Once again I hit the streets of Ventura with these cute gals to do a little shopping!

I found an amazing dress for $2.00 (in a too big size that I still need to take in a little)
a gorgeous gold easel from an antique shop,
baseball cleats and pants for Fall Ball,
and a few other treasures,
but my favorite thing I got this year was this magnet
and I have to say it looks perfect hanging on my fridge!

(STOP ME BEFORE I VOLUNTEER AGAIN)

This year I brought my family back one morning.
I needed Kale to try on a pair of brand new looking baseball cleats
and there was an antique dollhouse that I wanted Kyle to look at in case Santa decided to bring Kara a dollhouse for Christmas.

The cleats fit.
The dollhouse from Santa was vetoed!
But we had a great time thrifting together for a few hours.

I had to take this picture!
The thrift stores in Ventura have some crazy names. . .

And we stopped and had milkshakes for lunch at this cute little 50's diner.
I had to take this picture -
not because Kara is so stinking cute and can down a milkshake just like her mother can,
but check out that sign in the background!

LOVE IT!
You never disappoint VENTURA!

1 comment:

Mills Family said...

Sounds like you scored some awesome deals. I love the "no dancing on the tables" sign. Who dances on tables at an ice-cream shoppe? Crazy people.