Sunday, November 21, 2010

Apple Hill. . . A Look Back In Time


We took a day trip up to Apple Hill last week.
We went on a Saturday.
I don't like going on a Saturday.
It's crowded and my favorite farm is closed on Saturdays.

My favorite farm has this tree in it.
It is an historic apple tree and it is beautiful.
And my family always gets a picture with it every year.


But this year. . .
We couldn't get our whole family in it.
No one was around to take the picture.
I tried propping the camera up on the hood of the car to use the timer, but it wouldn't work.
So this year I settled for a picture of Kyle with the kids. . .
Not the best picture, but I got one.
2010

And it got me thinking back to all the pictures we have taken in front of this tree.
It started in 2001 when Kyle and I first moved to California.
Kale was only one year old.

2001

2002
I guess we hadn't started the "entire family" tradition yet.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO 2003?
I'm sure we went, but maybe we didn't. . .

2004

2005
2006
I guess this year we went on a Saturday too.
Looks like no one was around to take our picture then either!

2007

2008

2009
Thanks for the little stroll down memory lane. . .

The only other tradition we have is eating the "walking pie". . .
which these two enjoyed.

And Kris joined me in my "caramel apple" tradition.

And apparently so did she.
She asked for a bite of my apple and mysteriously I never got it back.

Looks like everyone is getting a little piece of my apple!

Then it was time for the kids to each pick out an apple.
They could choose from crates and crates of apples of all different varieties!

She chose the "PINK LADY"

He chose the "GOLDEN DELICIOUS"
Isn't he though??
And he chose the "GRANNY SMITH"
which kinda matched his attitude that day. . . a little sour!
And we couldn't leave without getting at least one shot of mom and dad together on this trip, so Kale pulled out his photography skills and got this one of us.

And we brought home a 5 pound frozen apple pie to bake on Thursday!
YUMMY!

1 comment:

Mills Family said...

Love the traditions. Would love your walking apple pie recipe.