Thursday, June 30, 2011

Go Giants! Go Giants! Go Giants!

Kris couldn't have been more excited at the beginning of the season!
#1 - He got the same coach he had last year!
#2 - He was on the GIANTS!!!!


I did my team mom duty again this year. . .
And my favorite part happened at the beginning of the season.
One of the dads on our team came to me with a proposal.
He had said that his son played on a t-ball team with a little boy named Matthew. Matthew had since been diagnosed with cancer and had the bones replaced in his legs with metal tubes. He could no longer play baseball but had told his mom that he missed playing baseball.

That got the "ball" rolling and the next thing you knew, the league had donated a jersey and a hat and he was now an honorary member of the A Giants!!!!

After each game the coach and players would help him walk around the bases with the team!



Kris had a great season.
I was so worried about moving him up to A Minor team. He was the youngest on his team, but played his little heart out!




He was always watching the game.
Even when he wasn't in it!


I wonder where he gets that from?
Here's his older brother. . . basically his second coach!
But the highlight of Kris's season!
Being able to finally pitch!

He actually did pretty good. He needs to work on his speed but for the most part his accuracy is pretty good.
There was one game in the season where he pitched 4 straight strikes. So I turned on the video camera and what does he do? Hits the batter. Hard. Whoops. And then the next batter gets up and BANG - hits him too. Whoops. I turned the camera off thinking the coach might pull him, but he doesn't and what does Kris do? Throws another 3 straight strikes! I put the video camera away!

This girl made herself right at home among all those boys!

GO GIANTS!!!!

This kid hung pretty good with the BIG BOYS. . . but there was one moment at the beginning of the season that reminded me that although Kris seems a little older than he really is. . . he really was my little 6 year old ball player. . .

This year the boys had actual Umpires at their games, dressed in blue and everything.
After the first game I asked Kris what his favorite part about the game was and he said,
"That we have EMPIRES now!"

I love this KID!

1 comment:

Mills Family said...

Love the coach kale picture!