Friday, June 3, 2011

Scouting Overload . . .

I don't have a cub scout anymore.
I have an 11 year old scout.
WHAT???

And with the help of his amazing Webelo's leaders. . .

The Webeloes built this BRIDGE. . .

That they each help to assemble. . .

So that a CUB SCOUT can Cross Over to Become an 11 YEAR OLD SCOUT!



But Before He Could Become An 11 Year Old Scout. . .

He needed to Participate in One Last PineWood Derby. . .

Where he might have learned the hard way that more weights does not equal a faster car!


But who cares when you are hanging out with such great buddies!

And Before He Could Become An 11 Year Old Scout. . .

He had to earn his WEBELO AWARD!

And Finally. . .
Before He Could Become An 11 Year Old Scout. . .

He had to earn his ARROW OF LIGHT AWARD!


And finally get to shoot his arrow at the Pack Target!


And if you didn't notice he did it all with his buddy Jackson!

From their FIRST pack meeting together. . .

To earning every award together!

And now they are 11 YEAR OLD SCOUTS!
I can't believe it!

And speaking of things I can't believe!
MY HUSBAND not only went with me to a District Scout Dinner. . .
BUT. . .
He WORE A SCOUT SHIRT!

HAPPY SCOUTING!

3 comments:

The Mann Family said...

Ahhh, love this! Look how much they have grown!!! I just may have to copy your idea when I finally get around to posting :)

Mills Family said...

Awesome! I love the bridge idea.

Kjerstin said...

Okay, I've read this twice and I have major guilt about what a lame, LAME I'm telling you, Webelos leader I am right now. Aside from that, what great ideas! I love the arrow shooting, the bridge, the fact that we have 11 year old scouts. Oh, wait, I'm not in love with that one...they're getting so big! Do you have your Yellowstone trip planned yet? :)