Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Apple Hill . . . and a whole bunch of other happenings crammed into one post!

We took our annual trip up the foothills to
APPLE HILL
last weekend!

We ate yummy "walking pies"!
(next year we will have to start buying 3 to feed our family. . . two just didn't cut it this year. . . I was left wanting more!)



And picked out our favorite apples. . .
It's really funny how one picture can really sum up all my children's personalities. . .

And as I started snapping photos of each of my kids,
it got me thinking of what they've each been up to. . .
So here goes!

KALE

Kale has been incredibly busy this year.
Starting middle school has been a big adjustment.
More homework, more freedom, more responsibility, more FUN!

Here he is at the Stake 11 Year Old Campout
(that his mom may have been in charge of planning)
He had a great time with all the boys in the ward!

And of course,
FALL BASEBALL!
Practices, Games, more Practices and more Games!
(I took a lot of video this year of him, but captured a few photos)

Not only did he continue to work on and play his heart out at 2nd base this year. . .

He got to try pitching this season.
I was a nervous wreck, but he actually did pretty good.

And catching. . .
It's funny, because next to these big hitters he looks so small, but as catcher he really took control of the field. . . It was awesome to see him really grow into a baseball player!


KRIS

This kid just cracks me up!

He is so independent and resourceful.
He came down the stairs a few weeks ago all ready for church. . .

It honestly felt like one of those puzzles where you have to find everything wrong with the picture.


Shirt buttoned wrong,
Pants on backwards,
Belt on with just a few missed loops,
The shoes were on the right feet so I gotta give him credit there. . .

And then there was this. . .

What to do when you can't find your soccer socks?
Throw a fit?
Blame your mother for not washing them?
Nope.
Just wear your dad's church socks and don't say a word until mom notices right before the soccer game starts!

And speaking of SOCCER!
Kris played his first season of soccer this year and loved it!

At the beginning of the season I asked him how he liked soccer and he said, "I like it except for the running!" I laughed out loud, since that's all soccer is.

He did great!

Scored goals, attacked the ball, got very tired very quickly and absolutely loved it!





KARALYN

This girl and I are having so much fun being home by ourselves for a little while each day!

One day after church, Kyle had to stay after for a few minutes so this creative girl and I sat in the foyer and she decorated my face with her stickers from nursery!

And she started PRESCHOOL. . .


And what could be better than preschool with your best friend?

Nothing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED reading each of the posts about the kids. Their personalities came shining throughr. LOVED IT!! Mom

Marissa said...

Hilarious,love.

Marissa said...

Uhhh, having her one of her favorite people as her teacher!!!!