Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cub Scout Twilight Camp


CUB CAMP
USA

This years theme was very patriotic which was so fun!
Even those "baby blue" leader t-shirts which we sported in style!


Each station represented a United States Landmark. . .



There was Water Play on Waikiki Beach. . .
and
There was bird house making in the Amish Country. . .

but. . .

I was lucky enough to go on the days when the boys got to target shoot with bb guns!





And participate in archery!


Nice Shot Buddy!

But the highlight of my 2 days spent at Twilight Camp was closing ceremonies on the 2nd day.
They had invited a member representing each branch of the military in full uniform to come and speak to the boys.
There was a Marine
an Army soldier (a crowd favorite - just look at that uniform)
A Navy Captain
and 
an Air Force Pilot!

Each one took a few minutes to talk to the boys.

The marine told about how important it is to get a good education and to value school.

The soldier told the kids how proud he was to serve this country but reminded us that there are soldiers right now fighting for our country and we need to remember them every day.

The Navy Captian told the boys that he was a cub scout when he was their age and putting on that cub scout uniform was the start of him wanting to serve the country and continue to wear a uniform.

And the Air Force Pilot talked about integrity and always giving 100% in no matter what you choose to do in life.

It was inspiring to see how the boys reacted by standing up and giving them a standing ovation as they entered the stage.


This mom was PROUD!
Proud of this country
and the people who defend and protect it.
Proud of the cub scout program and the values it instills in our young boys.
And very PROUD of this boy!

9 comments:

Maureen said...

wow! I have a lump in my throat, what a great honor to have as guests! Yea for the scouts of America, best program ever...

donna said...

I love how Kale looks like he wants out of that hug! Boys... You gotta love 'em!

ali said...

what an awesome program. I could just feel the testosterone pumping in those shooting pics. gotta love boys!

The Lencioni's said...

That is really cool. You are such a good mom to take a camera. How neat they brought in service men to talk to the boys. Twilight Camp is so much fun.

Mamasita said...

Kaylynn! Thank you so much for taking the boys!! It was wonderful! I am so sorry they got up so early the next morning!!! I felt horriable! Hopefully a quite night alone with Kyle made up for night before. Thank you, Thak you, Thank you!!!

A Slice of Pratt Life said...

I wish I could have been there!

Kjerstin said...

My question is, how do you keep track of all the boys and take pictures at the same time? Seriously? My camera never left my pocket because I was sure if I took my eyes off those little, um, wonderful spirits, that they would do something that would require medical attention. That camp looks awesome, they do a really good job! (guess what? I actually updated my blog! Shocked? I am a little, too!)

sheena said...

aaaah!! I cannot believe he is shooting a GUN!! how did he get so old on me???

Amanda said...

Did someone say Twilight? Just joking.

What a neat event. Something for the boys to remember for sure.