Sunday, September 27, 2009

BEACH BABY

I was really excited to see how Karalyn would like the ocean this year.
As soon as we got to the beach house, Kara would stand at the balconies and look out into the ocean. I knew she would love it!

So we ventured out . . .
Just me and her.

She wasn't too sure at first,
but you know me. . .
I'm one of those moms who will force you into it and then you can decide if you like it or not.

And so I forced. . .

And it turns out she actually liked it!

Loved it really.
Everything about it.
She loved playing in the sand.


And she loved it when the water would wash away the sand.


She loved chasing me along the beach,
and beating the waves back to the wall.

This year I think it hit me why I love this vacation so much.
I mean we have been to a lot of beaches but for some reason this beach beats them all.
And after taking this picture, I figured it out.
It's OUR beach.
There is hardly ever anyone else even out in the water when we are.
You don't find that very many places.
It feels like it is ours, and that is fun.



Thank you for the memories beach, we LOVE you!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Force is sometimes a must, like when your dad forces you to eat liver and you know for sure you hate it, not that you just think you do..Looks like she is a beach baby now..so cute..

Amanda said...

I'm so glad Kara loves the beach. Now she'll be even more excited for next year.