Thursday, September 17, 2009

Top 10 Favorite Moments at the Beach House

In no particular order
(and not including the Super Hero Party  - that's an entire separate blog entry)

Number One
THE SUNSETS



Number Two
WATCHING THESE TWO PLAY TOGETHER

Someday they will best friends and it makes me so happy, but for now they practice their dirty looks on each other.


Number Three
GETTING FULL CANS OF SODA WITH DINNER BECAUSE AUNT KAYLYNN TOLD THEM THEY COULD. . .


Number Four
SEEING THIS MUCH TESTOSTERONE IN ONE HOT TUB!


Number Five
BOOGIE BOARDING WITH THESE TWO


Number Six
 SURFING!

If you honestly thought this was me - you are now my favorite reader!
This is actually someone that my camera decided to focus in on while I was trying to get a better shot of
THIS. . .
It's Kale surfing!
My boy surfing!

Number Seven
WATCHING COUSINS PLAY AT THE BEACH WHENEVER THEY WANTED TO



Number Eight
BROTHERLY LOVE




Number Nine
THRIFT STORE SHOPPING

Now we did take our annual "girls day out" and thrift shopped and treasures were found,
(I'm sure someone has pictures somewhere)
but as a family we also took a trip into town to visit the Ventura Mission for Kale's mission project later on this year and on the way we stopped in one of the thrift stores to look for Harry Potter Books for Kale.

We found one but what was even more fun was that we found our thrift store buddy.
You see we have seen her shopping the last 3 years we have been going and sadly we didn't see her this year, but the next day she was spotted.

Look closely. She's the HAIR behind Kale. 
WIG? REAL? We don't know but glad to know she's still shopping strong!

Number Ten
PUTTING MY DAUGHTER TO BED
(Please before you turn me in read on)


You see my daughter has her own room at our house for a reason. She is a light sleeper and if she wakes up to find her entire family inside one room she believes it is play time!
Just ask Kelly. As she was up nursing William the first night of the beach house she was surprised to hear laughter and singing coming from our room at 2:30 in the morning.

It wasn't working out.
Kyle ended up sleeping with her in the back of the van the first night.
So when he woke up with a sore back and a not so pleasant attitude the next morning I knew something had to be done.

And I took action.
I moved that porta crib to the back of the van,
hooked up Kelly and Ryan's baby monitor,
and voila instant bedroom!

(The van was inside a garage right outside of where we were sleeping. She was literally closer to us there than when she's in her bedroom at home.)

It worked great.
I'm not gonna lie it was a little weird to shut the back of the van and say "good night" but she slept at night, we slept at night, and the boys slept at night which allowed us to PLAY all day every day!

So once again we said goodbye to Ventura only to know that we'll back again next year! 


6 comments:

Maureen said...

What fun!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the thrift store lady..it does seem that you start seeing the same people if you go enough..So glad you all had so much fun..its fun just watching how excited Kathy gets finding all the goods, all year long..

DebLawson said...

Man, every time you guys have your trip to the beach house, it makes me want to become a member of the Jibson fam!
LOVED your 10 favorite moments... they were wonderful.

I want to make this a tradition with my grown kids and their families someday! It's just so special.

Glad everyone had a great time, AND I think you putting your little girl in the van to sleep was an excellent idea! Good thinkin', mom!

Chelsea said...

First of all, looks like so much fun. Secondly, I did totally think that picture was you surfing (you should have just let us all). And thirdly, putting Kara in the van was genius (don't let Marissa make you feel bad).

Marie said...

Baby monitors are a gift from heaven!

Kale did a lovely job "fake" posing for the long hair lady picture.

Can I join your family please?

The Rocks said...

I will definitely be using the porta crib in the van idea! Where do you come up with these ideas? Glad to see you guys had so much fun and I look forward to all the costume pics!

Amanda said...

Ok, for a second you had me fooled and I thought that was really you on the surf board. You shouldn't have said anything because I was all impressed and everything. Also, I love the fact that you see the same lady at the thrift store every year. And I also understand about trying to get kids to sleep when they are not in their own space. Roman and Bella were both like that. The porta crib in the van was a great idea. Can't wait to hear more about everything. :)