Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sorry Kids. Toys Don't Last Forever.

EXCEPT FOR THIS TOY

We bought this little house over 8 years ago for Kale.
It was $17.99.
Now back when we bought it $17.99 was a huge purchase for us.
It wasn't his birthday. It was no where near Christmas. It was just for fun.

AND FUN HE HAD!

After awhile (when I got completely tired of picking balls up from all over the house) we put it in a bin and packed it up.

And when Kristopher was 1 and would only say "ball" we pulled it out of the bin and set it up again.
(Really I looked for pictures - but couldn't find any proof)
And once again when I got tired of picking up balls from all over the apartment we packed it back up.

So when a friend called the other day and asked if we had any of those "plastic balls" she could borrow for a birthday party I again pulled out the blow up house and set it up for Karalyn.





Who knows how long it will stay up.
Who knows if it will survive past Kara.
Who knows if there will be another Jibson baby to pass it down to.
But for now one little girl is LOVING IT!

5 comments:

Marie said...

I am seriously impressed a blow up toy has made it through 3 children! We had one and it got popped real fast. I don't know how they manage to do it, but they do. :)

The Lencioni's said...

She looks so happy, so cute!!!

Maureen said...

Wow you defiantly got your $17 dollars worth..what a fun toy..I want to jump in there with her!

Mamasita said...

How have to boys not popped it? Good job!

Unknown said...

Now that looks a seriously fun toy and only $17.99! Ok it would probably be more like $30 dollars now but still for the size it look a steal. I have two little boys myself and I been looking for something fun for them this Christmas. I have been looking at the wheelybug buggie and they look a lot of fun and are really cute so if my boys behave themselves who knows what Santa will bring them this year.