Sunday, December 20, 2009

Where is my picture with Santa?

So because of our little "limo adventure"
my kids missed out on seeing SANTA at the Ward Christmas Party.

The kids wrote their Santa letters weeks ago with their wish list. . .
and Santa even replied back to them
so they know that Santa knows what they want,
BUT. . .
I still wanted the treasured picture on Santa's Lap!

So a few weeks before hand when we were at the Library turning in our old books and checking out our new books,
I noticed the sign that said:

READING WITH SANTA
December 12
11:00 am

So of course I was thrilled.
Picture with Santa. CHECK!

So you better believe we got to the library at 10:30 am.
We were going to have a good seat to read with the "BIG MAN"!

First, Clifford the Big Red Dog showed up.
The kids were excited!
(except Kara - she was scared)

I thought, this is going to be good.
I can't wait!

It was almost time for the big moment.
The library was full of impatient kids,
even I was getting a little excited. . .

And then Santa's elves came out
(and I got a little nervous). . .

We sang some songs
(and helped the elves with the words because half way through "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" they forgot most of the words)

And then SANTA CAME!
And the bubble burst.

Really?
Maybe if you would have ho ho ho'ed a little louder you might have been a little more convincing.

Or maybe if you would have worn boots instead of keds you would have been a little more convincing.

Or maybe if you would have read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" with a little more enthusiasm and not skipped half the words you couldn't pronounce you would have been a little more convincing.

Or maybe if your suit wasn't made out of felt you would have been more convincing.

Or maybe it was the weight issue (I mean come on I weigh more than you Santa).

It was probably the fact that your mustache kept falling under your mouth and getting caught in your beard,
BUT I WASN'T CONVINCED!

Clifford the Big Red Dog had more fans than Santa Clause.

So despite the fact that I wasn't convinced,
I guess Santa is Santa to an almost 2 year old.



So we walked away from an interesting morning with no picture with Santa Clause like I had hoped.
But the trip wasn't a total bust!
DIARY OF A WHIMPY KID was CHECKED IN so we absolutely CHECKED IT OUT!

Anyone know of a CONVINCING Santa we could take a picture with in the next 5 days?
(and I'm not paying for my daughter to sit on the "mall Santa" and scream her head off - I want it for FREE!)

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Popes house 7:30 Christmas Eve..See you there..

Mills Family said...

There is a great Santa here in Mobile!