Sunday, December 27, 2009

JIBSON 2009 CHRISTMAS CARD


So it is Christmas Eve and we are finally sitting down together to write our Christmas letter.

This year has gone by so fast – I guess that’s what happens when your kids get older – life gets busier and busier and better and better!

In our own words. . .

Kyle

“I have been busy prosecuting the bad guys. I recently moved out of prosecuting DUI’s and am now working in a felony unit. It’s hectic and stressful and I love every minute of it! I also love my calling as 1st Counselor in the Elder’s Quorum Presidency. Life doesn’t slow down after 5:30 during the week. I have really enjoyed playing football with my boys and attending their baseball games this year. Karalyn melts my heart with her smile especially when she looks right at me and says “daddy”. I have most enjoyed date nights and little trips with my gorgeous and talented wife.”

Kaylynn

With two kids in school this year I thought life would get a little easier. . . What was I thinking? Two kids in school means double the paperwork, double the volunteering and double the homework! I am loving every minute of it! I love getting to volunteer in both a kindergarten class and a 4th grade class. I don’t know which class is easier. Kids are active and crazy and fun no matter how old they are! I was just settling in to my Young Women’s Calling when out of the blue I was called to be the 2nd Counselor in the Stake Primary Presidency. After the initial shock wore off I am now loving that calling as well. I love the women I work with and they are nice enough to have our weekly presidency meetings at my house every week. Since they all have grown children it works well at my house so my kids can be locked in the playroom – I mean entertained in the playroom while we have our meetings. I love being back in Primary. I took two trips to Utah this year. One for Women’s Conference with my Jibson Sister in Laws and one to attend my Grandpa Schlappi’s funeral. Both trips took me down memory lane of my growing up years. My favorite thing I did all year was take an unexpected trip with my husband to Great America (the amusement park). It was a great little getaway!”

 Kale

“I’m Kale. I’m 9 years old. I played regular season and fall baseball this year. I’m in the 4th grade. I like Diary of a Whimpy Kid books. My favorite color is blue. My favorite sports are football, baseball, soccer, and basketball. I’m the oldest. I really don’t like being the oldest. I share a room with my brother. I don’t like it because he always talks in the middle of the night. My favorite thing we did this year is when we went to Sunsplash (a local waterpark) and I rode the revolution (a waterslide) all by myself! I had a really good year. Love, Kale”

Kristopher

“I’m 5 years old. I go to Kindergarten. I am in the retriever class and my teacher really likes me. I try to work hard doing my homework with my mom. My favorite color is red. My favorite song is “I want to Rock” from my brother’s triple play video game. My brother thinks he is the boss of me. My favorite thing I did this year was go to the beach house because we were super heroes!”

Karalyn

 I wish we could have captured her own words for this letter. You would have heard such things as:

 Daddy (in the cutest voice you have ever heard)

I don’t know (it’s how she answers any question posed to her)

Bampa (grandpa)

I’m done (this is what we hear when she is done eating, done bathing, or done throwing one of her little drama fits)

Pee – ew (which she says as we are changing her diapers – I’m sure her brothers taught her that one)

Doggie (she loves dogs. She may be the one that convinces her mother to own a dog)

Kitty (which is actually how she says “baby” and so all of her dolls are named “kitty”

Kara is so fun to have in the house. She holds her own with her brothers but also brings some much needed girl power into the house. My favorite thing about her right now is that she doesn’t walk or run anywhere – she skips.  My most un-favorite thing about her right now is her refusal to have her picture taken, so although she isn’t always pictured with our family I can’t imagine our family without her!

We know this will reach you after Christmas so we hope everyone had a Very Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for 2010!

 Love, 

Kyle, Kaylynn, Kale, Kristopher and Karalyn Jibson

2 comments:

Mills Family said...

We loved your Christmas card. My oldest Son especially loved Kale's portion. He can totally relate. So fun to read. Thanks!

jodie333 said...

Very nice! Kara is at the funnest age! And that is so cute of Kale to do call the the little girl(a few posts back) I bet Kris is loving school maycie sure is! She also was wondering how Kale liked his Bionical, She spent so much time picking out the best one!! Miss you guys!!