Sunday, March 13, 2011

In Antigua. . .


We spent the day with some PIRATES. . .
It was the West Indies after all!


We sailed on a pirate ship. . .


(our friends took this from the window of the cruise ship as we sailed away)

To a deserted island with a sunken ship just off the coast. . .

And this was our view the entire ride!

Once we got there we "walked the plank". . .


snorkled around the sunken ship. . .

and played some more on the pirate ship!






Until it was time to sail back to "our boat!"


But not before a little dance party on the deck!
(most people had a little too much RUM PUNCH to drink during the day)!

After we left the Pirates we noticed that Antigua had this cute boardwalk so we decided to walk around the city for a little bit. . .

And though this island has beautiful beaches the town left a little to be desired. It smelled really bad . . . and this sign may have told us why!


And then this "local" came up to me and started putting aloe vera from an aloe vera plant on my shoulders. Like before I could even say no. He couldn't handle that my fair skin was finally getting some sun.
I started to say stop . . . and then realized the aloe vera actually felt really good. So he started putting in on my feet and then my arms. He stopped there, cause Kyle was giving him the evil eye by this point!
He told us all about the island while I got a little leg massage right there in the middle of the city!
He asked us to buy an aloe vera leaf from him which I did for five bucks!
Best five bucks spent if you ask me!

That night before dinner the sunset was AMAZING!


And as we sailed away that night this is what we were leaving behind. . .
RAIN!
Perfect Timing!
That night after dinner they had this amazing
fruit and ice cream buffet out on the deck of the ship!



And if one dance party earlier in the day weren't enough
we had another dance party!


Goodbye Antigua!
Spending a day with pirates really isn't so bad!

3 comments:

Mills Family said...

looks like you had a blast being kids again!

Marissa said...

so much fun! You didn't tell me about the dancing, others drinking sometimes helps our entertainment :)

Kjerstin said...

I would guess that if you have to be told, in writing, not to relieve yourself in public...the sign isn't going to do much good! :) I'm loving this day by day run down of what you did...keep 'em coming! :)