Sunday, March 13, 2011

In St. Martin. . .


We SHOPPED!

Everyone told us this was the island to shop!
So we shopped.
But only for a little bit!
And when I say shopped, I want to be specific. We got our kids each something!
Who wants to spend the day shopping when the beaches on this island look like
THIS!

Now when we got off the boat and realized there were two other boats at this same island, we knew it was going to feel pretty "touristy". . .

So all 16 of us in our group found this great taxi/bus driver and told him we wanted to go to the "best beach without a bunch of tourists"

So we headed out and imagine our surprise when we came to this sign. . .
(if you can't read it, it basically says "clothing optional")

Now we all got a little nervous, but it wasn't as bad as the sign led on. . .
There was a nude beach down the beach from ours (and I think the beach were were on was a topless beach), but mostly everyone was covered. . . or as covered as you can expect on a tropical beach!
We didn't care one bit!
When I wasn't sleeping on my lounge chair with my eyes closed,
I was loving this warm tropical water not paying attention to anyone around me but this guy!




This day also happened to be Valentines Day!
I could get used to spending Valentines Days like this!

We celebrated at dinner by splurging on some "virgin" drinks!

And the waiters gave each woman in the dining room her very own rose!
(Here's me giving my best "bachelor" impression)

I highly recommend cruising on Valentines Day!
Kyle and I don't usually celebrate Valentines Day. We always do "family fondue" with the kids, so it was fun to actually get to celebrate with each other this year!


All around St. Martin was memorable!

*Funny story. While we are driving around St. Martin we somehow got on the topic of religion and asked the taxi driver if there were any Mormons on the island to which he replied NO. Not 10 seconds later walking along the side of the road there they were 2 Mormon Missionaries!
It was great! So fun!

No comments: