Thursday, May 17, 2012

Couldn't help it. . .

I couldn't help looking at my blog post from yesterday over and over.
Seeing all the pictures brought back so many memories from that weekend.
I am flooded with emotion all over again.

But I noticed something, something that I loved.

I noticed I had a picture of my Husband with all three of the boys separately and it made me reflect on something.

As special as it was to watch my boys each receive a priesthood ordinance, it was even more special to watch my husband perform each priesthood ordinance.







President Monson gave a conference talk in 2008 and in that talk he said,

"We who have been ordained to the priesthood of God can make a difference. When we qualify fo rthe help of the Lord, we can build boys, we can mend men, we can accomplish miracles in His holy service."

He goes on to say,

"My brethren, I reiterate that, as holders of the priesthood of God, it is our duty to live our lives in such a way that we may be examples of righteousness for others to follow"

My boys are incredibly lucky to have a father who not only holds the priesthood 
but honors that priesthood.

And I am incredibly lucky to be married to him.

I am also reminded of the talk by Sister Dalton where she was talking to fathers about daughters, but I think the same can be said for sons,

"How can a father raise a happy well adjusted son in today's increasingly toxic world? It is a simple answer and it is true - the most important thing a father can do for his (sons) is to
  love their mother."

I am truly blessed.

No comments: