Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It's Been 11 Years...

My mom passed away 11 years ago today.

This day was hard for me the first few years. . .
Then as the years went by, though the day never got easier, thinking about the day got easier.

This year has made me reflect more than most back to that day 11 years ago.

See, these are the memories I have of my mom that last year.
I'm lucky.
I have memories of my mom with my child.
Some of her happiest times that last year was when Kale was in her arms.






So when I think of my mom I always think of my oldest as a baby. . .

That baby of mine received the Aaronic Priesthood this weekend.


It put it in perspective to me just how many years have gone by since my mom was able to hold that little boy.

And so I think I'm missing her just a little more this year than most.
I know she is a very proud Grandma!

And though I cannot help but think of my mom every time I look at Kale and remember her with him,
I write this post with a sleeping baby in my arms I know she had a hand in preparing 3 more beautiful babies to join our family.

3 comments:

Kjerstin said...

I love reading about your mom, and I love that our boys go through these milestones at the same time so we can be all mushy about them together!

Maureen said...

Love this post, so sweet..
you are a wonderful mother and person and I know your mom is smiling down watching you and your family.

The Rocks said...

Um, I'm in tears reading this. Your mom was such a special lady and you are right, she definitely helped out with getting the next three to your family. You're an incredible example of having things in perspective and thank you for sharing your thoughts with the rest of us.