Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Little Leaguer . . . THEN and NOW!


Kale played his very last Little League game last week.
And it was the last time he will play a game at our Little League Field.


It got me thinking all the way back to his first Little League Game at that same field.


His team taking the field for the first time.



His team taking the field for the last time.


The "dugout back then"



The "dugout" now!
Kale was such a motivator on his team this year!



Hitting back then.


Look at him Hitting NOW!
His last game he went 4 for 4!



Back then. . .
It looks like in this picture the coach is telling Kale where home plate is.
It seems so silly now, but really we had no clue what we were doing back then. I knew the basics about baseball, but Kale had never played. We were Clueless!
Kyle was in law school and I was doing my best!
We have come a long way since then. . .
although that 3rd strike drop rule still gets me every time!


Look at Him Now!
No one needs to tell this kid where Home Plate is!


Or how to catch a pop fly. . .


Or how to field a ball to make the play!



Kale has a love for baseball that not many kids have. A true love. Not just a love for playing.
I have loved watching him play.
I have loved watching him teach his brother how to play.
I have loved watching him be an example to others out on the ball field.


He has a few baseball quotes up in his room that I love!

EVERY CHAMPION BEGAN AS A ROOKIE

NEVER LET THE FEAR OF STRIKING OUT KEEP YOU FROM PLAYING THE GAME

IN BASEBALL AS IN LIFE THE BEST THINGS HAPPEN AT HOME



Thank you Charlie Richards Field for wonderful Memories over the last SIX years!

1 comment:

The Lencioni's said...

That is awesome! I love this post!