Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"Krispy Kreme"

That was Kris's nickname this year on his team. . .
"Krispy Kreme"

I don't know how he got it. I don't even know if Kris knows how his team came up with it 
(or at least he's not telling me)

All I know is at one of the games I heard the team chanting. . .

Krispy Kreme, Krispy Kreme, Krispy Kreme
and
out walked Kris ready for his turn to bat.

Now it might not seem so bad until you hear a few of the other nicknames from the team:
We have. . .

Missile
Krusher
Baby Ruth. . .

I could go on.
You see where I'm going. . .

But my little "Krispy Kreme" had an incredible season this year!





(his Pirate Face!)

His team was ranked in 2nd place going into the playoffs!


But this is a more accurate depiction of his team!




He had an awesome coach this year!
I was worried this year because I was hoping that his coach he has had for the past two seasons would draft him again, but we came to find out that Kris was taken way earlier in the draft than we had ever expected.
I talked to his coach from last year and he told me that he called up Coach Anthony after he drafted Kris and offered two cases of Corona for Kris and Anthony wouldn't budge!



This kid loves this game of BASEBALL!







And if he wasn't playing in a game,
you could find him on a ball field somewhere watching someone else playing ball!

Way to Play "Krispy Kreme!"
(just between you and me - let's hope this nickname doesn't stick!)

No comments: