Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Camping. . .


My husband bought a tent today. . .well yesterday. 
A new backpacking tent for two. . . 
I think it was supposed to be a surprise 
but they messed up the order and sent an email which I saw. 
Oops.
I told him I saw the email.
The tent is for "our" backpacking trip he told me. . .
Oh boy.
I'm a camper. I love camping. Been doing it since I was little.
 Memories of family to me are of camping!
This was my family teepee. 
I think its safe to say if your family owns a teepee you take camping very seriously.


Backpacking however is new to me.
Even a year ago I would have and did say no when my husband talked about going backpacking together. . . but the idea is growing on me.
Apparently that's a good thing since now we have a tent.

All this camping/backpacking talk today got me thinking about our camping trips this summer.

We headed to the mountains. . .


to our little mountain home for the weekend.



We had great campfires and even better campfire conversation. . .
(hehehe - I'm still giggling just thinking about it)


We ate the BEST food. . .
(I'm drooling still thinking about it)




We spent a lot of time at the lake!


A gentle reminder that our boys are growing up. . .
we might want to invest in some bigger life jackets!


Kody was happy. . .



The dirtier he got the HAPPIER he got!




We fished. . . 



and these two were inseparable!


We found some cliffs to jump off of. . .



We even took a night hike down to the lake so we could show the kids what stars really are. . .
but they were more fascinated by the gigantic frog Kris caught!


 The kids had a blast together. . .
If they weren't all sitting around the picnic table together playing cards. . .
They could be found playing Hunger Games all through the campground!


My favorite picture from the trip. . .

If this doesn't say CAMPING. . . I don't know what does!


I'll keep you posted on that backpacking trip!

No comments: