Thursday, July 10, 2008

DAY 2


The boys started Day 2 off by waking up early
and fishing at Quarry Lakes with Dad and Papa!!!


We then all piled in the car and headed to:

MONTEREY

Kyle and I spent our Honeymoon in Monterey and haven't been back since . . .
So I was probably most excited about this day - 
I wanted to see the little bed and breakfast we stayed at. . .
I wanted to see the beach that I remember walking on and thinking to myself  "I'm married"
I wanted to see the restaurant that we spent over $100 on dinner and thought we were royalty!
I just wanted to remember all the feelings I had 11 years ago as a newlywed . . .
BUT NO! 
As I am sitting in the back seat of the mini-van surrounded by my two boys fighting and teasing each other I made a mental note to myself **DO NOT bring your children back to Monterey with you -  next time only bring your husband. 

Now it's not quite as bad as it sounds. . .
The kids had a great time at the AQUARIUM

Even Kara loved it!

And Papa finally found someone who hadn't heard his stories before!


It was during the 17 mile drive (which is absolutely gorgeous) and our time in Carmel that I wanted to drop my boys off on the 18th hole of Pebble Beach Golf Course and drive away!!!!

"I'm bored." "This is BORING." "Drive Faster." "Where are we going?"
"When does this road end?" "How far are we from Nana and Papas?"
"I wish we had a DVD Player."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

We are on one of the most beautiful drives in the entire country (which we had to pay over $9.00 for) and you want to watch a MOVIE?????


Kyle and I on the same beach 11 years later . . . WOW!!
Then we went to the Mission in Carmel.
BEAUTIFUL

If you notice no kids in the picture - 
You guessed it  - THEY WERE BORED!!!!

So when we eventually headed home I started to feel a little resentful. Here I had been looking forward to this day and I kinda felt like it was a letdown because my kids complained the whole time but as I again sat in the back seat way far away from my husband I looked up and realized that for the entire day my view from the backseat 
was my husbands sexy eyes. 
So as I looked into those eyes (something I haven't really done in a long time) I realized how far we have come in 11 years  - and even though at this point I had two heads sleeping on each of my shoulders I wouldn't trade where I was now for anything.

No comments: