Sunday, July 13, 2008

DAY 4 - FINAL DAY


SIX FLAGS DISCOVERY KINGDOM
(on the hottest day of the summer so far)

Kale's first priority was to measure himself to see after 3 summers of waiting if he was finally tall enough to ride the BIG rides. . .
AND HE WAS!!!!!

However
Kris wasn't quite so fortunate -
he was pretty bummed, but Six Flags has plenty of
rides just his size so we rode. . .

and rode . . .
and rode. . .
and rode. . .
and rode . . .
and rode. . .


This is Me congratulating Kale on his first BIG ride!!
I will admit there were tears of anticipation (by him - not me)
and even some attempts at running out of line. . .
But after one rotation and us hanging in midair
Kale was loving it
(Loving it so much in fact it's all he talked about the rest of the day)

THEN WE WATCHED SOME SHOWS

And saw some animals . . .


I took a picture of this guy because it was so HOT that I felt like I  was moving this slow the entire day!

Now normally we are that family who never buys souvenirs, but today we made an exception because it really was so hot - we bought the kids some squirt gun misters!
As you can guess here's what happened. . .


We even got Kara one and rigged it up to the stroller - 
she had her own air conditioning the whole day!


We had a great day! The heat kept the crowds away and we walked on every ride!
What a great ending to a great vacation  - I mean stay-cation!!!


I'm so glad we took this trip. As disappointed as I was at having to change our plans I look back now and realize this is what our family really needed.
Just to be with each other having fun - just the 5 of us!
(Wow did I just say 5 of us - CRAZY)





6 comments:

Ryan Southwell said...

Wow, you guys had a serious trip! We just hit up our 6 flags too down here. But all those other places look so fun. Someday we'll do those too.

The Lencioni's said...

What a fun filled week. It looks like you all had a great time. Now it's time to get ready for camping!!!

Kjerstin said...

How fun! What a good idea to find things close to home. I love the pic of Kara with red cheeks. So cute!

DebLawson said...

Fun!
When we lived in CA we had season passes there... of course then it was still called Marine World!
we love that place, I love how there are the roller coasters and the amazing animal shows... so you can sit and rest a while.
Man, oh man! How we miss CA!!!

Your family is having a killer summer!
:)

ali said...

what a great staycation! I loved all the pictures and the write-ups!

Marie said...

I can't believe I've been missing out! I had no idea you had a blog, but I have successfully caught up by staying up way too late and once again I will be paying for it in the morning. :) I think our babies are about the same age! Walter was born March 5th. Karalynn is so adorable and Kale looks just like Kyle and Kris sounds so much like my Jane. I really believe it is a second child thing. I love your blog! I'm jealous of your staycation. I wish we had Monterey so close to us! I'll be checking back often!