Tuesday, October 21, 2008

All About KALE


The other day when Kale was looking at my BLOG - he commented to me that there was "never" any pictures of him and all I ever talked about was Kris and Kara. 

We talked about it for awhile and I tried explaining that Kara is changing so much right now that I do take a lot more pictures of her, and that Kristopher is home with me all day so it's easier to capture pictures of him as well. 

He's 8 and I could tell he was churning this conversation around in his head about how this could be used to his benefit by furthering the cause that he feels "his whole family ignores him".

So I told him I would dedicate an entire POST just to him and I asked him what he would like me to say about him and what pictures he would like me to take.

He replied, 

"Why don't you just take a picture of me doing HOMEWORK. That's all I ever do anyway!"
(I have no idea where he gets his sarcasm)

So here HE is EVERYBODY!
HERE'S KALE DOING HOMEWORK!


I won't tell anyone that you have been playing Fall Baseball this year and what a good little baseball player you are.  And I won't tell the story about when Coach put you in as pitcher for the first time and you looked up at him and said "uh oh" and yet the first 2 pitches you ever threw were strikes right over the plate.


(see the blur in the back of this next picture - that's KALE - cool huh)


I also won't tell anyone what a great BIG BROTHER you are, and how thankful I am that Heavenly Father sent me such a tender hearted little boy very first. I won't tell anybody how much you love your SISTER. . .


And your BROTHER!



I also won't tell anyone about how much you love to play BASKETBALL on your new basketball hoop and that every chance you get you sneak outside to "shoot some hoops" (even when you know you didn't ask and you aren't supposed to be outside) or every time we go out to get in the car you grab the basketball and shoot a few baskets before getting in the car - even when we are in a hurry and your mother is very frustrated.

The only thing you love more than playing basketball by yourself is when your dad and your brother play with you  (but it's not the same if mom plays - I think it's cause I can beat him)

I won't tell anyone how much you love the BEACH . . .

Or how hard it is to get you to smile your incredible smile on demand!


And I for sure won't tell anyone how incredibly handsome you are becoming! Or how smart you are. Or how funny you are.

Like the time dad and you were talking and he said "if I jumped off a bridge would you jump too?" and you said,
 "that depends on if it was a tall bridge or a short bridge!" 

Or how much you worry about things that little 8 year olds should not be worrying about. Or how proud I am of you. Or how much I LOVE YOU! 

Or how much these freckles melt my heart!

Nope - I won't tell anybody any of these things 
I will just let them know that your life consists of

 HOMEWORK!


I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you.
Love, Mom

10 comments:

The Lencioni's said...

I am so sorry that Kale's life only consists of Homework ;) I love that post, he is such a great kid and big brother.

kelly said...

Oh, we LOVE Kale too! his name (and Kris's) comes up quite often around here...memories of the beach house and the funny things he does! Yay for Kale...what a grown up boy you are.

Mamasita said...

I am crying! He iIS the best brother!! and the best sportsman I know! I love that he worries about things he shouldn't it is what makes him-him. I also love that he thinks his life is all homework..didn't we all think that? Really cute, kaylynn.

Sheree said...

This is a great post! I miss him! Park day 10:30-1:00 at Royer on Thursday. Be there or be square!

Melissa said...

So Sweet. He reminds me of my little guy Tristan. Big brothers are always the best!

jodie333 said...

I am sitting here thinking to myself why am I crying so hard? I guess it is because I realize how much we are missing by being so far away. You are such a good mom! I am now going to be diligent blogger, maybe sometime I will make you cry too! I love you!!

Kjerstin said...

What a great post! He is so lucky to have you for his mom!

Amanda said...

What a great post about Kale. I never noticed his cute freckles before. And didn't realize he's a worrier. So is Bella.

Staci said...

What a sweet post. Kale is lucky to have such a great mom that loves him so much, even though ALL he does is homework!

Mills Family said...

...such an inspiring post. It brought tears to my eyes. Your boys are getting so big and your princess is precious. So fun to see your blog. Miss ya!