Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Rest of Our Sunday We. . .

Decorated For HALLOWEEN!

Here we have our Front Porch
(I still need to get something for my table)
And here we have the Family Room . . .
with WANDA the WITCH!

And Kale says "I didn't even recognize it was the same clock"
Here is our Halloween Village
(it looks much cooler at night when all the lights are turned on but I couldn't get the picture to not come out blurry)
Here is my favorite piece of furniture
MY HUTCH
I love decorating it for every season!
And here we have our HALLOWEEN TREES
(you can't really tell but there are spider webs and spiders lurking in the branches)


Here is our HOUSE all lit up!
Spooky Huh?


BUT. . . the favorite Halloween Decoration of Kale and Kris is absolutely, without a doubt, the DOOR GHOST!
This year it found a place above the playroom door.
(this was our first Halloween Decoration given to us by Grandma Jibson the first Halloween we were married)


And later I made these yummy pumpkin treats!
Want the recipe?


IT'S ON THE BACK OF THE BOX


I did however make a yummy fall dinner from scratch which I highly recommend trying -
It was yummy, easy and GONE!

HONEY LIME ENCHILADAS

6 Tablespoons Honey
5 Tablespoons Lime (about 2 limes)
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (I used 4 chicken breasts)
10 tortillas
1 pound Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
16 ounce green chili enchilada sauce
1 cup heavy cream

Mix the 1st 4 ingredients together and toss with chicken.
Marinade 1/2 hour.
Pour 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
Fill tortillas with chicken and cheese
(save some cheese for the top)
Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and the leftover marinade and pour on top of tortillas and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

ENJOY!

5 comments:

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

I was going to stop by today to see your Halloween decorations, but your pictures covered it so well I no longer need to make the drive.

Didn't know you were so much into this holiday. Awesome.

Amanda said...

My mouth is starting to water at the thought of the enchiladas. I really wish I didn't HATE baking and cooking. My family is so picky that it's just not worth it.

Your house looks so cute and festive. Bella would totally love you. She loves decorative people. We decorate our front porch with pumpkins and straw bales and call it good.

sheena said...

kaylynn! you are so festive!!

Kjerstin said...

We LOVE that mix. . .Sam's right? :) My boys are always complaining that I don't decorate enough for Halloween. You put me to shame my friend! :)

Mamasita said...

It is even more fabulous in person!! Thanks for having us over the other night! It is always so fun for all the cousins to get together ( and the adults)! Sorry we destroyed your house.