Monday, November 10, 2008

"SPAZMATIC"

IF YOU ARE WONDERING IF THAT'S A WORD I JUST MADE UP - IT'S NOT.
IT IS A WORD.
IN FACT IT'S A BAND.
A BAND THAT DRESSES UP LIKE 80's NERDS AND SINGS 80's SONGS ALL NIGHT.

AND A FEW WEEKS AGO I WENT TO HEAR THEM SING (at a BAR - my first time at a bar)
AND I (we) DRESSED UP
(even though no one else at the bar thought it would be really fun to dress up like 80's girls to listen to an 80's band like we did)

SO HERE GOES. . . .


I believe we completely covered the 80's.
CHELSEA pulled of JAZZERCISE perfectly.
LINDSAY was an 80's PROM QUEEN.
BRIANNA researched for hours on the internet to capture MADONNA'S essence.
and MARISSA and I,  (as Lindsay put it)  everyday 80's RADICAL.

So after a little posing (OK a lot of posing by ME) we were off.

What took me back  - was that we started getting ready for the night at around 9:00 pm and were leaving the house at 10:00 pm. I was tired before we even started. But not to worry - we had plenty of TAB to keep us going.



After the initial 15 minutes of complete embarrassment being the only ones dressed up in a bar full of people we made our way to the front of the stage where we danced the night away to "JESSIE'S GIRL" - and "GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN"!


Chelsea thinks I looked a little tipsy in this picture and thought maybe I was sneaking stuff behind her back. Sorry to disappoint Chelsea - it's just that it's going on 1:00 am now and I've been up since around 6:00 - cleaned a house -including my 4 bathrooms - kept a 4 year old occupied and held a teething baby during the 8 year old's baseball game - prepared a young women's lesson for the next day - fed dinner to my family and got 3 kids tucked in bed before I  left for this night of FUN!


Thanks girls - when do we get to play dress up again?

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow Kaylynn. That brought me back a few years. How fun! Funny how when you're a mom you can't just walk out the door like you could when you were a kid. Maybe that's why moms don't do things like this more often.

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

Bar virgin NO MORE!

Maybe next time we can dress up and go to chuckie cheese. No one will even look twice.

jodie333 said...

My outfit for halloween would have fit right in! I was an 80's train wreck! I even had a lady comment that she would have worn the same outfit! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Mills Family said...

Next time invite me!

Kjerstin said...

Too funny! You crack me up!