Sunday, November 2, 2008

Um. . . Where did OCTOBER go?

I can't believe October is over!

So here's a little recap of our OCTOBER FUN!

We met up with friends for our annual
BISHOP'S PUMPKIN PATCH TRIP

Yes moms were present but somehow as we all piled out of cars
the dad's found themselves with all the kids and strollers.
It was heaven for a few minutes.


The afternoon was spent. . .

Riding the train
Feeding the animals at the petting zoo
Jumping on the "Hay Trampoline"
Going down the "Barn Slide"
And
THE HAY RIDE

(it took Kara awhile to get used to the hay)

Here we are in the GIANT PUMPKIN PATCH

This is like the worst picture of my kids - but I love that
NONE of them is looking in the same direction!


But we picked out the PERFECT PUMPKINS
so later we could do some CARVING!




My family always had a tradition that we would carve the
coolest pumpkins
(you know the ones in the pattern books)
Each year we would each pick a pattern before we picked a pumpkin -
because we had to make sure the pumpkin would fit the pattern.
It was a night of precise tracing and cutting until we had the perfectly carved pumpkin.
So Kyle and I have carried on that tradition
UNTIL THIS YEAR.
The boys really wanted to draw their own faces on their pumpkin.
I had to let them.
(even if it was a little reluctantly at first)
I couldn't care that the eyes weren't evenly spaced - 
or that the triangles weren't equal on all sides - 
BUT
my boys were proud of their pumpkins
and that made them
PERFECT PUMPKINS!

All leading up to HALLOWEEN NIGHT!

The VAMPIRES came out to play. . .





GOODBYE OCTOBER!

8 comments:

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

Love Kara's little tights. So adorable.

fun costumes. you guys look pretty scary. except Kara, once again she wins the cute award.

Melissa said...

How fun!

Chelsea said...

Yes Kara's outfit is sooo adorable!! Love your costumes- you guys are so festive!

jodie333 said...

Is that really you and Kyle? It doesn't even look like you two!! GREAT COSTUMES! Hey Kale and Kris, Maycie wants to know if you two got "Hooked UP? (with candy)! Kara looks adorable!! That is so funny about the pumpkins. I am the only one who carves pumpkins because Trevor can't stand how particular I am about it. I even copy the patters so we can keep the book! HAHA!! Lookes like you had a very fun Halloween!!

Mamasita said...

WOW. Is that really you?? Yikes you guys look AMAZING!! Kyle looks like he could be in KISS!!


I'm a little freaked out right now.

Sheree said...

The boys' pumpkins almost look like them! Your family totally rocked it that night. Your costumes were awesome!

Kjerstin said...

Once again, you guys amaze me with your fun-ness! :) And, I TOTALLY agree. What happened to October? How is it possible for 31 days to go by so fast?

Amanda said...

Yeah, I think I prefer you as a blonde too. Was Kara scared to look at you?