Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Exhausted. . .



Yesterday as I picked Kale up from school in the pouring down, monsoon like rain storm,
he walked up to the car,
opened the door,
plopped his backpack on the front seat,
climbed in the car,
laid his head back,
and
sighed.

I could tell he was tired.

He came home,
got a snack,
and
sat in front of the fireplace.

I convinced him to do a few pages of homework and then. . .

He took a nap.
A long nap.

He woke up,
ate some dinner,
and sat in front of the fireplace some more.

Then he went to bed at 7:15 at night.

When I tucked Kris in at around 8:00 - Kale turned over and said:

"mom, I don't think I am going to make it"

"What do you mean" I asked

"I don't think I will make it through the night,
you know when you stop breathing"

Why does he have to worry so much?
Where does he get it from?
What's a mother to do?

I'll tell you what I did.
I promised him I would check on him every hour to make sure he was still breathing
 (which I did until I went to bed)
and then,
I let him sleep in today.



Third grade can be exhausting!

5 comments:

Marie said...

Poor kid! I wonder if he's coming down with something. I don't know about where you live, but here we've got the flu, a nasty cold, strep and probably many more sickies going around at school and church. YUCK!

How sweet of you to be so kind and understanding. :)

Kjerstin said...

I'm so glad you let him sleep in! I agree, third grade is exhausting. :) Dylan came home yesterday tired, too. Not QUITE that tired, but it was nap worthy. :)

Mamasita said...

so can being 30! it doesn't seem to get easier.

Olive-us said...

I can't take it with all these cute posts! What a good mom you are. I wish my children would let ME sleep in one day.

jodie333 said...

He is so smart for his age! Poor thing being so exausted! Your "mommyness" inspires me! THANKS I love your posts! I have a hard time with mine but I do have some new ones up now.