Thursday, March 19, 2009

I LOOKED OUT THE WINDOW AND WHAT DID I SEE?

imagine me singing. . .

POPCORN POPPING 
ON THE APRICOT TREE!


I'm really glad that it is looking more and more like spring outside
because
inside it feels like the winter blues.
My whole family either has a fever, is coughing up lungs, or has runny noses that won't go away.

This gives me hope.
I love the blossoms on my persimmon tree.


And why can't I get my gardenias to bloom this beautifully in this pot?
You have to admit this plant looks healthy, vibrant, and happy to be there. . .
Too bad it's STINGING NEDEL or I'd let it stay forever!


3 comments:

Maureen said...

What in the world is going on with this virus bug causing havic on everyone? I am ready to head for the hills, I went out today, just to get out but had to return to runny noses, coughing, and now earaches. thank goodness for the blooming trees and my tulips that are beautiful. Im so ready for spring. Hope you all get well soon. I'll add your family to our long list of names in our prayers!

Kjerstin said...

We're ready for spring, too, but it snowed yesterday. I hear ya about sick kids. I'm home today with Dallas (although he's putting decals on a pinewood derby car, so I'm not really sure how sick he really is!).

Gwen Mangelson said...

OH ! I hope everyone gets well soon, it't the pits having sickies and as for the nettle, get rid of it asap- you may have to use a spray from a garden store with 2-4-d in it to kill it - keep the kids away that stuff hurts!! whomever designated it as a medicinal herb should be shot!