Monday, March 30, 2009

I think we were busy on Saturday

WHO made the game winning out on FIRST BASE in his game on Saturday?

That would be KALE!


And who had her eyes closed she was so nervous and didn't get an actual photo of that game winning catch on first base?

That would be MOM!
(but this was another out he made during the game)

I don't think the boys were excited at all by winning 11 to 10!


This kid amazes me with his power!
He may not be the best player on the team -
but he puts effort into it!


We had just come from Kristopher's game earlier that morning and as these BIG boys were huddled around their coach I couldn't help but think of the difference only a few years can make.

Here's Kristopher's team huddled around their coach.
It makes you realize how fast time goes by.

So Kristopher received the game ball for his "quickness"
in his game on Saturday.


In T-ball everyone bats and there are no outs - 
so when the last batter hits all the players run the bases to home.
Kris happened to be last batter this week.
So after he hit the ball the coach had told him to run all the way home - 
and home he ran. . .
passing two of his own players on his way to home plate!


And if that wasn't enough excitement in our family for one Saturday
Kale also participated in his very 1st Pinewood Derby

Check out that car - just like he wanted.
Gold with a Red Stripe!

And his car got him this award


Too bad Mom and Dad weren't there to see the car race - 
we had a fundraiser dinner we attended that night so Kale went with a buddy of his from the ward and had a great time.

I'm always amazed at everything that you can fit into one day when you have to!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

wow it looks like a great day for the boy teams, and best paint job, so very cool. a Successful day all around..

Kjerstin said...

What a bummer you couldn't go see him race! No matter how hard we try, we just can't be in two places at once, right? :) Considering we had a blizzard here yesterday, it's nice to see your baseball boys (who are both very handsome, by the way) enjoying that CA sunshine.

What kind of camera do you have? Your baseball pictures always look so clear! My nerdy camera is so blurry if anyone is moving even the tiniest bit.

The Lencioni's said...

Kale is definitely one of the best players on the team if not the best. Also, he is one of the two most behaved boys, which I think makes a huge difference too. I know I may be a little biased but that is the way it is.

Cole said...

What a fun crazy day. I hate how fast our little boys are growing up!!! Kale's Pinewood Derby car is very cool. To bad you had to miss it. I missed Skyler's 1st Pinewood Derby too. (My baby had surgery that same day.) Your Boys look so cute in their Baseball outfits.

That is so funny that you remember sledding at the cabin so well. I feel the same way you do I don't remember a whole lot from being little either. But I also remember the cabin and the card playing that went on while we were upstairs trying to sleep. I also remember my dad telling that when I was Todd's age I could stay up and play.