Sunday, March 15, 2009

Today I will be . . .

EATING all of these. . .


with the purpose of finding those few M&M's without the PEANUT.

Today is my mom's birthday
and this is a tradition I do every year on her birthday.

I don't really know how it started,
I just know whenever my mom would find a peanut M&M without a peanut she would let out a little "wahoo" shout.

It probably started because my entire family loves peanut M&M's,
but whoever knows my mom knows she was a plain M&M girl,
but if you also knew my mom you knew she would never spulrge to buy both - 
I'm sure she would buy the peanut M&M's for her family
and then find the joy in finding the one's she liked.
That's my mom for you.

Thanks mom for teaching me through M&M's what motherhood is all about!

LOOK, they really DO exist!


6 comments:

sheena said...

I've been thinking about you all day!! Glad you found it!

Andy said...

You know how I feel about your mom!!! Im glad you found it!!! PS...K dude I want to know the in about Rascall Flatts!! SPILL IT!

Cole said...

What a cute storie!!! That sounds just like your Mom, I can totally see her getting excitied when she would find the plain ones. I love your Mom and think about her often.
What a fun tradition.

Maureen said...

Its so fun to catch up on everyone's blogs, I feel like Ive been gone forever, Your mom sounds like someone I would have loved to hang out with, a wonderful mother who raised a wonderful daughter. What a "Sweet" way to think of her on her birthday. This post truly touched my heart and made me smile big!

jodie333 said...

I also ate a bag of m&m's! I didn't find a lucky one though!

Gwen Mangelson said...

But your mother liked the peanut M&Ms she just liked finding the one that didn't have the peanut in the middle. It made that one the most special of all. That is what she felt about all of you. Not just ordinary peanut M&Ms, but the one most special in the group.
I love You and thank you for all the posts. It keeps me(us) up to speed on the family
Dad